|Year : 2017 | Volume
| Issue : 1 | Page : 49-56
|Date of Web Publication||9-Jul-2019|
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
. Article. Indian J Psy Nsg 2017;14:49-56
It is a tremendous pleasure for inviting you to the 17th National Psychiatric Nursing Conference of ISPN - 2018. The venue will be SGT UNIVERSITY, GURUGRAM, HARYANA. From 9th to 11th March 2018. The theme of the conference is “LIAISON PSYCHIATRY: NURSE’S ROLE”. The uniqueness of the conference is illustrated through deliberations by renowned experts national & international. We are looking forward to your visit & are eagerly waiting to share a rich intellectual, cultural & social platform for professional interaction. With warm regards,
Chairperson : Prof. SantoshMehta, Director, Faculty of Nursing, SGT UNIVERSITY, ISPNC-2018
Organizing Secretary : Ms. S. Renuka,HOD, Department of Psychiatric Nursing, ISPNC- 2018
| About ISPN|| |
Indian Society of Psychiatric Nurses (ISPN), a Professional society established in the year 1991 under the able & efficient guidance of Dr. K. Reddemma (Former Dean of Behavioral Sciences, NIMHANS & Senior Professor& HOD, Dept. of Nursing, NIMHANS, Bangalore) and her team. The objectives of ISPN are to achieve proficiency in Psychiatric Nursing practice utilizing strong evidence through scientific research in Psychiatric Nursing. This has materialized through the untiring efforts of the leaders, co-operative and collective participation of its members in organizing regular continuing education programs, research activities & publishing Indian Journal of Psychiatric Nursing.
| About SGT University|| |
It gives us an immense pleasure to introduce to you SGT University, Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary, Gurugram, which spreads over 60 acres of lush green campus enveloped with poised, allure and environment. The University is situated at Chandu-Bhudera on the outskirts of Gurugram, it is less than five kilometers from Delhi border at Daurala and has an easy and convenient access from I.G International Airport.
SGT University came into existence by the Haryana Private Universities (Amendment) Act No. 8 of 2013 making educational opportunities available to all segments of the society under the veil of Dashmesh Educational Charitable Trust, which was founded in 1999 with the holly cause of propagating the message of Shree Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the great philosopher and social reformerwhich says “spread of learning is the best service to mankind’
In fact, the seeds for its magnificent growth were sown way back in 2002 with the establishment of the SGT Dental College.
Our prior commitment and vision is to disseminate knowledge of diverse disciplines and working on the overall development of our students, by inculcating strong morals of compassion, empathy and service to mankind among them. For enabling its students to excel in diverse areas, the University focuses on indoctrinating them to think ‘intensively’ and ‘critically’ and infusing in them leadership and innovative skills.
SGT University imparts education from Undergraduate to Ph.D. level in Health Sciences, Engineering, and Commerce, Management Sciences, Law, Hotel Management, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Media Management and Social sciences.
The University has well-stocked modern libraries with internet facilities for accessing e-resources and air- conditioned reading environment, well-equipped laboratories with modern scientific equipment for practical exposure of students, hostel facilities with salubrious and caring environment, transport and medical facilities, residential accommodation for academic and non-academic staff, sports infrastructure etc. To abbreviate SGT University comprises of all world class amenities.
We take pride in stating that our well qualified and competent faculty has been staying with us all along, resulting in a well-established and stable platform for imparting holistic education to our most valuable asset, our students coming from all parts of the country and also our neighboring countries. It is our Endeavour to make our students industry-ready and prepare them to fit into the spirit of society by the time they graduate.
| Courses Offered By Faculty Of Nursing|| |
- GNM - (12TH Pass With 45% of any stream)
- B.Sc. NURSING - (12TH Pass With 45% In PCBE)
- POST BASIC B.Sc. NURSING - (GNM Pass & registered as R.N.R.M with SNC)
- M.Sc. NURSING -(B.S.c(N)/P.B.B.S.c(N) with 55% & 1 Yr work Experience)
- NURSE PRACTITIONER-( B.S.c(N) with 55% & 1 Yr work Experience)
Specialization in M.Sc. Nursing
- Pediatric (Child Health) Nursing
- Obstetric & Gynecological Nursing
- Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing
- Community Health Nursing.
- Medical - surgical nursing
ABOUT GURUGRAM :
Gurugram (also known as Gurugaon) is a city in the Indian state of Haryana and is part of the National Capital Region of India. It is 32 kilometres (20 mi) southwest of New Delhi and 268 km (167 mi) south of Chandigarh, the state capital.
As of 2011, Gurugram had a population of 876,824. Witnessing rapid urbanisation, Gurugram has become a leading financial and industrial hub with the third-highest per capita income in India. The city’s economic growth story started when the leading Indian automobile manufacturer Maruti Suzuki India Limited established a manufacturing plant in Gurugram in the 1970s. Today, Gurugram has local offices for more than 250 Fortune 500 companies.
| Places to Visit in Gurugram:|| |
- Get ready for a heart racing experience of go karting like never before with f9-go-karting Gurugram!
- A go kart is a small four wheeled vehicle designed specifically to be raced in designated tracks. However, you are provided with a range of vehicles to choose from.
- Different types of vehicles- Go karts, formula -k, bullet model, 160 cc engine are provided for you to try. Prep up for an exciting karting experience and satiate your thirst for adventure.
- Test your limits, break speed records with other members. With the tracking lap of around 350m with inbuilt challenges provide you with a F1-racer experience. With its flexible tracks and karts, one can easily participate in scores of challenges on the track. After a quick briefing, put on your safety gears and just let your fear fly off.
- Rivet in a driving experience that you have always dreamt of with f9-go-karting Gurgaon, make some good memories with your friends while racing. Shed off your fear!
2.POWER PARAGLIDING IN SOHNA, GURUGRAM :
- Power Paragliding in Sohna, Gurugram, is one step ahead, if you are done with exploring all the available adventures on land and water. Enthral in this delightful tour.
- The resort is built with the aim of taking people back to their roots. Adventure junkies can fulfil their dream of flying high in a motored paraglide which is a powered paraglide that operates with the help of an attached motor, harness and a propeller.
Fly under the expertise of trained pilots who assure you a fun-packed aerial time, rest can delight in various activities available in the resort itself with these amazing paragliding in Sohna Gurugram.
- Fulfill your childhood desire of flying like birds. Indulge in an exciting Air Safari that takes you on a flying tour on the suburbs of Delhi. Enjoy a stunning aerial view of lush-green grasslands and amazing farm houses while gliding in the air.
3. DAY OUT AT WATER BANKS RESORT,DAMDAMA LAKE :
- Embraced amidst the bustling city of Gurugram, Damdama Lake is an ideal destination to relax your wits by indulging in an array of activities available here. The informal aura of day tour at water banks resort along with hospitable environment helps you to refresh yourself and shed off all your office fatigue.
- Report at the resort at 10:00 AM and enjoy your welcome drink before you head to spend almost three hours to explore and indulge in landscaped obstacle courses like rifle/pistol shooting, rope bridge, rope ladder, archery etc.
- Enjoy the lunch served from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM.
- Post lunch engage in more fun games such as Burma bridge, spider’s web, Tarzan swing, valley crossing, rock climbing, volley ball, sumo wrestling, land zorbing, running bungee, Velcro wall, body zorb, etc.
4. DAY FUN AT FLY INDIA ADVENTURE RESORT
Fly India adventure Resort, Gurgaon has been designed keeping in mind visitor’s the need for adventure. Developed on the concept of back to roots and nature, unravel in this nature’s retreat by indulging in a variety of adventure activities.
- Indulge in a variety of indoor and outdoor games available here -relive your childhood days by indulging in some fun-filled activities like mud bath and tube well bath.
- Refresh by completing a few lapses of swim in the pool in compound. Build your team and get going for an exciting match of Volleyball.
- While for others who wish to sit and relax can engross themselves in provided in-house activities.
- You can also de-stress yourself by indulging in a soothing in-house music session. Delight yourself with this refreshing stay at Fly India Adventure Resort, Gurugram.
5. EXPERIENCE ADVENTURE AT BOTANIX NATURE RESORT, GURUGRAM
- Botanix Nature Resort, Gurugram is a popular picnic
spot on the foot hills of Aravali and a perfect destination to enjoy an overnight hangout.
- Botanix Nature Resort, Gurugram has all the modern facilities and fun activities which will give village life experience to you and your kids.
- Games like tug of war, musical chair, and tambola will help your kids to learn teamwork and strength of unity.
- Experience bliss in the wonders of Botanix where styled garden flows happily into each other offering exquisite and unique exhibition of nature’s absolute brilliance. One can breathe free, de-stress, talk to the trees and also can commune with the butterflies.
- Get served by authentic traditional Indian cuisines made from fresh organic gardens.
- Make your holiday a lifetime experience by enjoying multitudinous activities at Botanix Nature Resort, Gurugram.
| Highlights of The Conference|| |
THEME:”Liaison Psychiatry: Nurse’s role”
1. Liaison Psychiatric Nursing: Bridging the gap between physical and mental health - origin, need, current status, job description, and trends in India and abroad
2. Body mind relationship: Health illness behaviour, psychogenic causes of physical health problems, emotions of physically ill and hospitalized
3. Scope of Liaison Psychiatric Nursing: Models and roles in:
Maternity, Paediatric, Psychosomatic disorders, emergency care, disaster, General hospital, Community, school health, Geriatric, Rehabilitation, oncology, NMHP.
4. Conceptual issues and challenges in Liaison Psychiatric Nursing, including medico legal challenges
5. Liaison Psychiatric Nursing education, training, accreditation, networking and future directions
6. Liaison Psychiatric Nursing -Evidence based practices
| Conference Objectives :|| |
After the conference Participants will be able to:
- Focuses on the interface between physical and mental illness.
- Bring psychiatry out of the mental hospitals to the general hospitals and has also contributed significantly to the reduction of stigma that follows mental illness
- Linking up of groups for the purpose of effective collaboration
- Integrate the information so as to provide optimal health care, which is sensitive to people’s needs, mindful of prevention, and economically sound.
- Play a role of Liaison Psychiatric Nurse
| Beneficiaries :|| |
All Specialized Nurses in clinical & community field, Nurse Educators, Nurse Administrators, PG, UG Nursing students, DPN students, & Other professionals like psychiatrist, psychologist, social workers, occupational therapist and physiotherapist from related disciplines etc.
| REGISTRATION :|| |
Registration should be done online ONLY. (Registration includes conference kit, Tea, Lunch, Evening Tea & Snacks during conference days.) online registration pathway
How to register for ISPN conference 2018
Step 1 : visit www.ispnindia.org
Step 2: click on “conference’
Step 3: scroll down and click on “Register”
Step 4: Choose your category and register
Step 5: Type the required information and click “Place Order”
Step 6: Select the payment option
Step 7: Fill the required information based on the selected payment option.
Step 8: Complete the payment. (You will receive an email of your payment.)
Step 9: Email your payment details to both [email protected], [email protected]
Step 10: Congratulations! ! ! You registered for ISPN 2018 conference. (please bring the online payment receipt at the time of conference)
| Scientific Presentation|| |
Research paper-abstracts related to the conference theme /sub theme are invited for oral presentation, each presentation lasting for 10 mts (8 mts. presentation & 2 mts.
chairperson’s comments/questions from audience). Abstracts need to be typed on A4
size paper (English language, 12-point font, 1.5 spacing, max. words 250) in the following format.
Title of the paper, introduction, methodology, findings & conclusion along with references, Name of the author and co-authors, Department and institutional affiliation, Email ID, address and telephone number of the presenter and signature of the presenting author (statement from the first author that there are no conflicting issues between the authors(if any) and no plagiarism has to be appended)
LCD facilities are available for presentation. If selected the participants have to register forISPNC-2018.
The last date for submission of abstract 28th Feb 2018. Paper must be submitted online only in www.ispnindia.org
| Poster Presentation|| |
Poster presentations related to the theme/subtheme for the registered participants will be arranged at the venue.Poster size: 70cm x 50cm.The last date for submission of poster (softcopy - please paste the image / conceptual diagram of the poster in word document)28th Feb 2018. Poster must be submitted online only in www.ispnindia.orgIf selected the participants have to register forISPNC-2018.Posters has to be submitted to the scientific committee on the first day of the conference during registration.
How to submit scientific paper/poster?
Step 1 : visit www.ispnindia.org
Step 2: click on “conference”
Step 3: scroll down and click on “Submit paper /poster” Step 4: Fill the necessary information Step 5: upload the content (word document only).
| Sarla Kapur-Award Paper Submission|| |
Abstract and full paper-text submission for SARLA KAPUR-AWARD is invited in the area of Mental Health Nursing only from young nurse scientists. The criteria are as under: Only ISPN Life Members can participate. It has to be singleauthor’s independent work. No M.Sc., No B.Sc., No PhD project/dissertation will be accepted for the award paper. The author has to authenticate their work and age (Age Limit - 40 Yrs.). If selected the participants have to register forISPNC-2018.
Type the full paper on A4 size paper (English language, 12-point font, 1.5 spacing, max. words 5000) in the following format. Title of the paper, Introduction, Methodology, Results, Discussion, Conclusion & References (Vancouver style) along with authentication of independent work and age and details of
Author and upload the same in the ISPN website www.ispnindia.org How to submit paper for Sarla Kapur Award? Step 1 : visit www.ispnindia.org Step 2: click on “conference”
Step 3: scroll down and click on “Submit paper for Sarla Kapur Award “
Step 4: Fill the necessary information
Step 5: upload the content (word document only).
The selected quality articles will be considered for next publication in Indian journal of Psychiatric Nursing (IJPN)
| Article Access Statistics|
| Viewed||2327 |
| Printed||107 |
| Emailed||0 |
| PDF Downloaded||123 |
| Comments ||[Add] |